New addition to my 29 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spoonman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got this at my LFS today for my 29 gallon reef. It has been up for almost 6 months. It is green with little purple dots at the end of the tentacles. Even if the perc's don't host it, it is a cool looking nem. Posted FTS to show the tank off.... Will post pics in the tank after acclimation.

image-1584636750.jpg

image-248477453.jpg

Last edited:
Haha of course! :) how does your new nem like the new tank?? Did he move to a good place for you to see him? Haha

I put him in the right front corner. I figure he will find his sweet spot. did you respond to the "coral id" post?

Yup i hope his sweet spot is right in front of your tank so you can always see him :) and no i didnt... That id was harder for me. Lol

Yup probably! I hope he doesnt go on the class... Could walk into a powerhead!! :( keep an eye on him/her :)

Good news! Clown found the anemone! Bad news, it's stuck to the back wall behind the intake for the canister filter.

image-2352663317.jpg

Should I move it, or let it find its own spot? Should I put it back on the sand in a different place and see where it goes?

Last edited:
I have an extremely large rose bta and what I have realized over the yr I have had him is . . . He does not care about the amount of light he gets but he does care about the flow he gets. He does not like a lot of flow, so IMO I would move him to a spot with low flow and definetly not in the sand. They prefer a rock to hold on and have a strong grip on.

I posted a pic of mine to give u an idea.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120520_075025.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120520_075025.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 150
That's what I thought. I think I am going to move him today. He is getting a ton of flow. The output of the canister is blowing right at him.

I have heard that putting a powerhead right at him will piss him off to no end and he will move.... Never done it though. Just make sure you dont harm his foot! :D

Nu-nu is exactly right. You don't want to harm his foot and the water from the powerhead will make him move.

So, been hitting him directly with a koralia 550 from about 6" away and he hasnt budged. Now what? Do I have to just leave him there?

Back
Top Bottom