New Additions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brunettebaby4571

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok in my 40 gallon tank right now I have mollies platys and otos. I am considering rehoming the platys. I definitely want to keep the mollies. But what I want to know. What else can I get? I don't even know where to start. I want something in there thats different and stands out and is pretty but that will also get along with my mollies and otos. I also have a bit of a snail problem and my goldfish will only eat so many haha. So maybe a plus would be a fish that would snack on a few snails as well. Eating snails would only be a plus the fish doesnt have to eat them. I was thinking about an angel. I have always loved them but for some reason they scare me (they seem fragile and possibly agressive) I also have always wanted a clown loach but unfortunately they get rather large and Im not sure how long they would be able to be happy in a 40 gallon if at all. My idea of an awesome tank is full of male bettas!! Too bad that cant happen either lmao so what are some ideas? Would a single angel be okay with the mollies and otos? If not what else? Thank you guys!

Ahoy, i doNT know, what tanks you like. You van make an natural habitat. If you like i can try to help help you

Goldfish are best kept in a special tank, since they live on cold water, and Molly and platy best live on tropical temperature water.

Nice school of Harlequin Rasbora along with a school of Neon. Id get a few Dwarf Grouami

+1 on the harlequins!! I love mine! And I'm planning on some dwarf guourami for my 55 as well as an angel or two!! They are awsome!!!

Definitely some Cories for the bottom! And maybe a Bristlenose Pleco.

I have been wanting to get some harlequin rasboras I love them are they nippy or anything? I dont really like gouramis or bristlenose plecos. I am sorry I am picky but I do really like the rasbora and neons. What about yoyo loaches?

I think I might get some. What would be a good number for the rasboras and neons? And hopefully someone else will help with the yoyo loach!

I have eight. They usually stay pretty much together too except when I feed them and they go nuts!!

How many of each should I get though?? How many neons and rasboras do you think I can have safely? I am trying to rehome my platys right now. Crazy little baby making machines!! lol You are from WV?? Wow thats crazy I am from Morgantown! But also how do I get their numbers up? Should I just get like 4 and 4?

You could maybe do up to ten on the harlequin. I have a school of 8 right now in my 55. I am from Huntington:) how many mollies do you have??

Okay if I do ten of the harlequin how many of the neons could I do?? And that is pretty sweet I never see many people from WV!! And I have three mollies right now. If the platys go i will have the mollies and 3 otos and some apple snails.

I would think you would be ok with maybe 6 or 8. I know!! It's always people from the west on here!! I have met quite a few from the east coast as well!!!

So I could get away with the ten harlequins and the 6-8 neons? Would I have room for a loach or two? And I know thats how it always goes! Or people think WV is part of Virginia!! haha

I thought the loaches did better with three or more?? Don't quote me on that as I don't have any. Just going by what people say on here! I would think yes 8-10 would be ok!! Yeah I love that "west part of Virginia":)

Yeah I think you are right on the group of loaches. So with that said do you think I could add a group of three loaches?

Back
Top Bottom