New Affys Added :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronnieroach

Aquarium Advice FINatic
hey all,

added some new affys to my 55gal in hopes of squashing some of the nipping

heres my new list:
NEW - 1 female cherry red zebra
NEW - 1 male yellow / sunshine peacock
NEW - 1 male kenyi
2 female kenyi
1 female acei
1 female electric yellow
1 female johanni
1 female bumblebee
1 female ob peacock (rehoming)
1 female albino golden peacock
1 female strawberry peacock
1 male strawberry peacock
1 male venustus
1 male flameback
1 male flameback or other vic?? (check my 'Flameback ID help' thread to see him)

let me know what you think.. good or bad :)

Ronnie,
I'm new so Ill leave the comments about your stock to the vets! But, I would love to see a pic of the Fem cherry red and the female johanni!

i think this list is awesome Ronz! wicked!

how come you are rehoming the OB peacock?

can u put a few pics up? we'd love to see them!
especially the cherry red zebra - that sounds quite cool

thank you grasshopper xxx

thanks, YET AGAIN, Mouthy!!!

i will try to get pics tonight but if i cant i'll do it on christmas after i get my new CICHLID STONES!!!

the tank is crazy at the moment.. i scattered my caves & made a bunch of tunnel-like dealies + added tons of fake plants for the new additions :)

the male kenyi is nice. small still but very dope. he actually has a similar striping to my little female kenyi-hybrid, just not as many stripes & some yellow tinting.

the 'cherry red' is actually orange & i'm now wondering if it was mislabeled too ..?? (just know, i've never researched them so i have no clue what they look like :))

& the sunshine looks like poop because he's still quite young :(

Sounds awesome! How many cichlid stones will be added? Can't wait to see the final set-up with the new additions!

thanks craigymac! appreciate it bro

& the girlfriend got me 25 cichlid stones - TO START!! i'm getting the 15pack & jumbo 10pack for christmas!! & its perfect because 4 or 5 of my fish are around 2inches (give or take) so the smaller stones will def get used for a while :D

i'll probably buy 1 more pack eventually but i have plenty of actual stone to mix in for now

you can never have too many cichlid stones. or fish tanks for that matter ;)

when i sent 5 of my juvie RZ to my lfs, all had the most beautiful deep orange and looked brilliant health. i felt so proud! i then look at the RZ they have in the shop. paler, nipped a bit, thinner... i am thinking what the heck have i done haha. basically im saying the happier they are and what you feed them will make all the difference, and i think it will colour up again for you!

my RZ get tetra colour discs. i swear by them, the fish get amazing colour and go crazy when i go near the pot! maybe you could try them?
xx

****pics attatched****

yeah mouthy, i'll definitely give anything that can enhance color a shot .. & obviously i'll try whatever my mentor tells me try lol

here are some quick pics of my new additions & johanni

first is my cherry red zebra who i THINK is female .. second is my female johanni who i've had for month or two now .. & last is my new male yellow / sunshine peacock (but i'm not sure about the ID...)

TELL ME WHAT YA THINK :)

Attachments

• image-454786849.jpg
    image-454786849.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 86
  • image-2749191628.jpg
    image-2749191628.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 85
  • image-2625020675.jpg
    image-2625020675.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 89
im sorry. are you KIDDING me about SUNSHINE YELLOW on that last id? lololololol. i think there is an elec blue peacock. ud have better luck there XD

its a good thing ur not likely to kill me :'D xxx

and also, the cherry red looks like either a very happy normal FEMALE red zebra or it is an either/or on gender of a cherry red x

LOL i knoooow hahaha it def doesnt have yellow yet but its still real young.. arent they blue-ish until the yellow pops?

& i diiiiid say "i wasnt sure about the ID" or something like that LOL!!! he had a grown sunshine there but it seemed to have a bit of a different shape to it

i'm finding a lot of flaws in this dude's labeling lately .. i love the fish he gets but i'm starting to feel like i'm smarter than him LOL jk.. sorta ;)

but like when i bought my compressiceps a few weeks ago, the tank said red comps.. i wanted a gold face but he didnt have any.. when i went in last night, the comp tank i bought from now said 'gold face comps' and he said he hadnt changed the writing on the tank since he got them in.. I KNOW WHAT IT SAID!! hence, why i was depressed..

on a good note, he says the one i have is a gold face, WHICH I PRAY IT IS!!!

attatched is a pic, tell me what ya thinky :)

Attachments

• image-3914178086.jpg
    image-3914178086.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 88
HERE ARE SOME PICS OF THE "YELLOW PEACOCK" lol

in these pics, if you look closely, you can see hints of yellow.. under the mouth & belly & some spirts throughout..

TELL ME WHAT YA THINKSKI!!!!

Attachments

• image-3045987080.jpg
    image-3045987080.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 64
  • image-4165366169.jpg
    image-4165366169.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 61
  • image-760319690.jpg
    image-760319690.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 65
Nice looking fish! So that pic you have a few posts up is a female johanni? The pics I saw online researching didn't show any type of stripe. I dont know how you guys are so good at ID, my head is spinning!!!

yeah, she's sometimes just yellow w/ white stripes but she shows off her brownish stripes on top of the white a lot too

& i'm just getting into ID'ing .. i do dig trying though

Iding is my fav thing on here! im like 'wait, someone calls for a cichlid ID! onwards!!' and its made my day LOL

you have a verr pretty johanni lady there.

i can sorta see where you are coming from about the yellow... but i kinda doubt that's a sunshine yellow (aulonocara baenschi) (its the gut feelin could be wrong) because when i go to both of the lfs with SY, they are pale yellow/greyish yellow even as small juvies, then the males colour up yellow obv and the females darken in grey. however...
aulonocara huaseri, stuartgranti and hansbaenschi are closer to what yours looks like.

if it colors up to be a proper baenschi, i will make an entire thread dedicated to how incredibly wrong i was, how right u were and how beautiful the fish is :)
deal? haha xxx

hahaha well we dont have to go that far lol

& he was VERY pale & grey in the store but after i acclimated him, he just darkened to that deep blueish grey.. kinda like my red jake did ............. makes me think my conditions arent perfect for peacocks but then i look at my strawberry & just cant believe thats whats up lol

hopefully my cichy stones will give everyone enough territory to flourish :)

yeah im so pumped to redo my tank tomorrow :)

& no fry.. i have the 1 male & 2 female kenyi so maybe when theyre older.. & i'm def gonna try to find another female strawberry peacock to make the same ratio as the kenyi .. hopefully soon :D

here's a few pics of my new female strawberry .. looks male in the first but her fin isnt pointed, just moving ;)

Attachments

• image-703043447.jpg
    image-703043447.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 65
  • image-3061540864.jpg
    image-3061540864.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 68
Merry Christmas roach. I hate to say it but your compressiceps isn't a comp. it does look similar but by the appearance of it I would say it comes from lake Malawi. I've attached a photo of mine along with yours for a comparison.

Back
Top Bottom