New and Starting 29g planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Momof3

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've been following for a few months and found all threads and forums so helpful. I have a 10g that I started with my kids. I cycled with fish and learned the hard way how to do it. It inspired me to start a planted tank.

29g high
Nova T5HO lights 2 bulb
Aquedon 100w heater
Tetra Whisper EX30 filter
Whister 40 air pump
CaribSea flora max substrate

I am still cycling. Dosing with ace janitorial ammonia to 4ppm. It's only the second day. I ordered my lighting and am waiting for it to arrive before ordering plants. I was thinking of getting a low light starter kit of 12 plants from mikeswetpets. I also ordered some cholla wood and a piece of mopani wood. I know I have to soak the wood especially the mopani. I had a piece of driftwood that I moved into the tank from my 10g. I'm a little apprehensive to order the plants. Not sure how to plant them in substrate. I read that you need to place them with tweezers. I really want to attach some to my driftwood and place some moss in the cholla wood. So many ideas inspired by many of you here. I'll keep you posted as I move forward. I'm sure I will be asking for advice along the way

image-3797434051.jpg

Ammonia is down and nitrite is climbing. Lights wood and plants should be here late this week. Yah!

I received my plants today. Nitrates are coming down finally.

Attachments

• image-720614815.jpg
    image-720614815.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 58
Back
Top Bottom