New Anemone looks like boogie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sillyfishy

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got a small bubble tip yesterday and he looked great, foot looks good and nice bubbles on the tips. He attached himself to a rock closer to the bottom, everything looked fine. I got up and turned on the lights and he looks like a little boogie. The light has been on for hour and a half and he still looks yucky. My water is fine and I have Compact Fluorescent Lighting, 130 watts I think... Is in normal to collapse at night and take a while to come back or is he ill? I can post a pic if needed.
Thanks Lisa

Please answer the following...how long has your tank been up and running? what exactly does "fine" mean as far as water parameters? and is this the tank that is listed in your profile, the 55 gallon? If so, you do not have enough light for an anemone.

just changed my profile...been a while since we've been on...we took everything out od 55 gal put it in 37 gal. It was changed in May...filter is the same... ph is 8.2 sg is 1.025 NO3 NO4 and PO4 is 0. please read new profile...thanks

the 55 was up for 3 years, we down sized in may...everything was taken from the 55, sand, LR, filer. Even most of the water...We had alot of flooding here and things had to me moved, we had a really bad rain season here!

Anemone should be in a well seasoned, stable tank. I am not saying this is the problem, but it is something to consider. They do close up, deflate, shrink and look like something is wrong on occassion. They normally do not stay that way for an extended period. How did you acclimate?

like 45 mins...floatedin the bag while adding a tiny bit of water then a little more, little more and so on till bag was full. they put the tiny gut in a huge bag. How can I get pics on here for you to see?

to upload a picture, use the reply button at the bottom of the thread, not the quick reply box, you will see a box for you to browse for your file to upload....

as far as acclimating, a slow drip acclimation is best and should be done for a minimum timeframe of an hour. It could be that your anemone is just stressed from a quick acclimating.

I would suggest you just give it time..actually that is about all you can do at this point.

I just got back from lunch and he has made a full come back...I guess a watched pot never boils, is that the saying...lol

Back
Top Bottom