New Apistos!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Triton

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just ordered 5 young apisot wangenflecken :)

I've had an empty 10g sitting around growing algae teasing me... so figured it was time to empty, clean it, rescape and stock it with these guys...

Pumped and can't wait till the mail man shows up tomorrow

Sweet looking fish.. what's the sex ratio?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

In a 10 that could end up being one of each but you never know what they're attitude is going to be like i suppose...

Guy I'm getting them from have kept a large group in a 10g without issues, I plan to move the odd few out once a pair forms into my 75 or sell them

That's the thing.. either 6+ males or one.. I'm not trying to bust buttons, just maybe keep a close eye out for aggression is all

Yea I'm not concerned, they are young and once I get a pair formed I will either re-home the others or put them in a large community tank

That's what I did with my odd panduro in the 10... It actually chills with my cacs now in the 30b

Yea I've tried apistos before but had a bad supplier, giving it another run

They are amazing little fish! Post some pics when they are.all settled in?? Also there are some very knowledgeable apisto heads on here so feel free to ask any questions you may have!

That's great to know, I'm currently a plant guy for the most part but want to get into a few different types of apistos

I'm dabbling in both haha. Actually in the process of rigging up some diy co2 for my planted apisto cacatoides tank..here's my boy! (Old tank, plants look rough I know)

Attachments

• 1403377098900.jpg
    1403377098900.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 79
Good to hear you plan on moving the rest, even though that species is pretty small a 10 would be too small for anything but a pair

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm dabbling in both haha. Actually in the process of rigging up some diy co2 for my planted apisto cacatoides tank..here's my boy! (Old tank, plants look rough I know)

That's a risk I wouldn't take, not with how much apistos cost and the inconsistency of DIY co2... Just make sure to monitor it well

I also added 6 male chili endlers, since then the apistos have been out a ton more and have been establishing who owns what cave

Back
Top Bottom