New Aquarist with Two Black Moors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cut the girl some slack, she didn't know better and it's not like the people at Walmart are any help. Also for lots of people (mainly kids like us) getting another huge tank is not an option so we have to work with what we got. She didn't know any better so theres no point in getting mad! If I were you I would give 1 away and upgrade to a 15-20 when ever you can, but I know realistically that could be awhile so do your best with water changes and keeping your levels good with the 1 black moor and try to find a home for the other one asap...

Hope this helped :)

Good news for ypu petco is having there dollar a gallon sale till the 25th up to 55 gallons very good deal call your local petco and see whats up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Good news for ypu petco is having there dollar a gallon sale till the 25th up to 55 gallons very good deal call your local petco and see whats up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Can you take advantage of this deal online or do you have to go a store?? I'm 4 hours away from the nearest petco.

No one was being rude and I can see why you thought that though because you are new to fish keeping. Also please research about the nitrogen cycle and proper goldfish care on google. This will help you understand what theses people are telling you. You also need to invest in an API master test kit to keep track of your water parameters. The best thing to do though would be to return the fish because you said you can't get a bigger tank. Then wait until you can properly care for them and buy them back after you have finished cycling a 30 gallon or more aquarium. Trust me it will be worth it in the long run. Or since you said you don't have much room cycle your 5 gal and research about beta care and get a betta!

No one was being rude and I can see why you thought that though because you are new to fish keeping. Also please research about the nitrogen cycle and proper goldfish care on google. This will help you understand what theses people are telling you. You also need to invest in an API master test kit to keep track of your water parameters. The best thing to do though would be to return the fish because you said you can't get a bigger tank. Then wait until you can properly care for them and buy them back after you have finished cycling a 30 gallon or more aquarium. Trust me it will be worth it in the long run. Or since you said you don't have much room cycle your 5 gal and research about beta care and get a betta!

I don't think walmart takes back fish. They don't even have the label for them anymore and since I just moved here, I don't know anyone to give them to.

Have you tried an actual fish store rather than a big chain? Or Craigslist for homing options? Craigslist also has great tank deals if you keep an eye out for them. Theres also 'freecycle' where people sometimes have tanks for free. As I mentioned earlier, you can pick up a plastic storage/Rubbermaid type bin at Walmart right now very inexpensively- their Christmas clearance boxes are only $6-7 for a 30-35g (20g are under $5)and $14 for a 45g. Just a thought for inexpensive options. :)

What did you end up doing?

Well, so far, my mom and dad have agreed that if I keep up my chores and keep the tank clean, they'll get me a bigger tank for my birthday in March, exactly in two months

Is a 29 big enough? That is the largest that will fit and Petco is having their $1 a gallon sale until the 25th.

Yes that is good for both of them for quite awhile and congrats on getting new tank also make sure to cycle

Back
Top Bottom