New Aquarium Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ya, if they're not that expensive, and you got a big enough school, you might be alright... Especially if the tank was planted. Do some research though. Most fish will eat anything they can fit in their mouths... So if your definitely doing the danios, you may want to do lots of small fish in your tank, rather then the bigger ones.

Thanks for the advice guys, good of you to help out a newbie. I had noticed you've both got similar stocking, it looks like you've both got a nice mix of sizes, types, and colours. I'm not stuck on the danios, so i might do some research and go for something similar. Really looking forward to getting the tank and getting started now! Think i got quite a good deal, i managed to pick it up for £20 (about $32)

Cool! Maybe you could do zebra or leopard danios? Those would work, and get to more like two inches.

i do like the zebras, also cardinal and neon tetras as well, even though everyone seems to have them lol :)

i like the longfin zebra danios
BlueDanioLfWFCy_C1269.jpg
1244514187_news.jpg

stormwarning said:
like the look of the orange laser corries! would bolivian rams be less likely to eat cpds than the other cichlids? If so, are there any fish of around the same size that would look good and definitely wouldn't eat smaller fish?

i might have more luck than i thought in tracking cpds down when it comes to stocking than i thought apparently, as they were first bred in my home town. bit of luck! :)

Apistogramma aka dwarf cichlid dont eat other fish,
They are fragile and expansive but they are pretty calm! I have 6 different pair( in 6 different tank) and they are with tetras, angel, barb and danios. As danios are not the same continent than apistogramma, make quarantaine and make sur they are healthy before mixing them!

But for sure they wont eat or kill your danios!

Put danios before and apistogramma in second!

Back
Top Bottom