new aquarium cycle product - like biospira?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DallasFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
All -

Have you seen this:

DrTims Aquatics Homepage

Apparently made by the gentleman who started Biospria, the "One and Only" nitrifying bacteria product is supposed to be very good for cycling a new tank.

Has anyone had experience with it?

Nope - never heard of it - but I'm not surprised - it seems every company that makes aquarium products offers their attempts at bagging the good bacteria. What works and what does not seems to be a matter of debate. I can tell you that many members will steer you to Bio-Spira because they have had success with it. But finding it may be hard because it needs constant refrigeration. I feel I've had success with one called Nitromax. I am using it in a fishless cycle (no seed from another tank). By the end of the first week I was showing the signs of a bacteria bloom. But I'm just one story and there is no way to tell if the bloom was due to the Nitromax or just from the bacteria already present in the water. It was an inexpensive product and I figured what the heck. :scrambleup:

Not heard of that stuff. I did try some BiaB that was refrigerated that I got from a LFS. It did work so I wouldn't buy the "One and Only" claim (if that's what they are claiming). Turns out that the stuff I used is made locally so that might have helped with the fact that the Bacteria was still alive when I bought it. The stuff I used is called Turbo Start #700 I think.

Back
Top Bottom