New Aquascape!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

russianaquarium

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello, so I completely rescaped my tank, what do you guys think? Maybe share some of your own before and afters as well, im interested in seeing tanks progress over time. Thanks all! By the way, this is my new 60 gallon aquarium before and after (incase its that bad the after is the one with everything in the middle including the big piece of wood haha)

-Also I finally got a new light fixture

-Finally got a CANISTER Filter SunSun 525gph

- Lighting is 2x6500K t8's with 2850 lumens each. And 2x13'' Stock Marineland Leds.

Attachments

• DSCF0549.jpg
    DSCF0549.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 79
  • DSCF0878.jpg
    DSCF0878.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 77
Beautiful! So I hear alot that it is better to plant heavy. But you didn't and it looks great!
So why plant heavy then?

Haha no I didn't rob a bank, but i did return a lot of fish and plants to make it look like this, and the dw i found in a river in my back yard, washed it real well, and torched it to kill anything living, and its been there for like almost 3 weeks and everythings fine.

Haha no I didn't rob a bank, but i did return a lot of fish and plants to make it look like this, and the dw i found in a river in my back yard, washed it real well, and torched it to kill anything living, and its been there for like almost 3 weeks and everythings fine.

Looks great! I wondered where u had got to lol that is a great really nice bit of DW! Is it all one piece?

Have u got anymore substrate? I'd raise it by an inch at the back so it slopes. Will give u more depth. I have something very similar in mind to this for my new ADA I have on the way [emoji106]

Nicely done. Reminds me of an island theme I've seen with planted tanks lately: dense DW and plants surrounded by open sand/substrate. The lack of features in the open area focuses attention on the "island".

Bert yes its once piece of dw and when i scaped the tank in the beginning i did add a couple inches under dw and an inch to the back but it equaled out after a couple water changes XD

Back
Top Bottom