New background

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Perryuk

Aquarium Advice Activist
So finally it's in the new 3d background a lot of work but worth it I think

Attachments

• image-4197555044.jpg
    image-4197555044.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 134
Suppose I'm after opinions on my new background an ideas on where to go forward now

Attachments

• image-3959024858.jpg
    image-3959024858.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 138
Thanks , it's the rock design by juwel came in 600X550 sheets , fairly easy to cut just have a coping saw or hack saw to hand. I wasnt ready or confident enough yet to make an design my own

Nice rockwork... IMHO maybe a couple patches of Java fern and an anubias here and there for some greenery?

I am expecting these rocks to colour in over time , my ocean rock in the past has always never stayed as clean as it is now , am expecting it to take on brown an a little green tans as time goes by , was thinking a few plants next thou with my stock an never having kept planted just artificial. Just need to find something that doesn't look to false

Good point about the rocks getting darker. They def will. It s a lot of work putting an aquarium together, if you look at it & get enjoyment from it, that s what counts!

No complete newbe to live plants can I do that ? Jus tie them to rock ? Don't I need soil layered substrate an stuff ?

Yes don't plant them as there root will rot/melt away they are ideal for hard water which is also the type of water you need for mbuna and they aren't often eaten as they are tough and don't taste great apparently.

All good things an all that lol , so you are going to silicon it when it comes ?!

Back
Top Bottom