New Betta Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He will be shipped on Tuesday. I get him by 3pm on Wednesday. I'll post some pics once I have him. This weekend I am working on redoing my 5 gallon. What better time to replant a tank than before you get the fish?:cool:

The rescape is mostly done! I switched out my old five gallon that I bought used with a newer one. The old one had some scratches on the front glass panel that irked me. The old setup had white sand in it....I hated it, I could never get it to really look clean after the first month. Even with numerous cleanings with a turkey baster each week.....

I had some eco complete on hand so I used that. Then, I added the things I had in the previous tank to the new one (vals, moss balls, moss "tree", and rock with java moss). I decided I didn't want the wisteria in this tank so it didn't make the cut. I previously had thr vals thinly spread along the back of the tank but decided to bunch them up on one half this time. Previously they were growing in from a few cuttings I bought from Papa Ryno, I think they have been doing nicely and felt good about creating a thicker look.

I then added a few more plants to the left of the tank (not sure what kind) and I was done. My previous betta shared the tank with a CPO and a rabbit snail. This one will too. If the CPO and the Betta don't get along I'll move the CPO to my 10 gallon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old tank and new tank

Attachments

• 1447647595387.jpg
    1447647595387.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 83
  • 1447647615783.jpg
    1447647615783.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 80
Just make sure to give it some TLC as the imports tend to need a few weeks recovery time.

Thank you. I am very excited! I also had Ludwigia in the old tank. I decided to scrap that. But I did add a single stem of Rosefolia. I have been trying it in my 29 gallon and it's been struggling. This tank gets a bit more light so I am hoping it takes.

As far as tlc goes, I usually do daily water changes (with stress guard and prime added each time) for two weeks or so when I get new arrivals. I then switch to weekly water changes after that. I also have some Indian almond leaf on hand I could add to the tank. Is there anything else I should be doing to ease him in?

He arrived safe and sound and is drip acclimating as I type this. Seems to be pretty healthy so far. He has been swimming around and checking out things. Color seems to be pretty good.

Attachments

• 1447868100782.jpg
    1447868100782.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 1447868118434.jpg
    1447868118434.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 1447868131176.jpg
    1447868131176.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 1447868139005.jpg
    1447868139005.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 78
Since he is a dragon koi I was thinking of giving him a dragon name. I was thinking either Norbert like the dragon in Harry Potter, Smaug like the dragon in The Hobbit, or Puff like the magic dragon in song. Thoughts?

Anything I should do to help ease him in beyond drip acclimation, almond leaf and stress guard? I did a water change on the 5 gallon he's going into yesterday.

Since he is a dragon koi I was thinking of giving him a dragon name. I was thinking either Norbert like the dragon in Harry Potter, Smaug like the dragon in The Hobbit, or Puff like the magic dragon in song. Thoughts?

Weird suggestion maybe but... you could name him jiaolong, which is the name of the mythical chinese dragon described as the leader of aquatic animals.

Weird suggestion maybe but... you could name him jiaolong, which is the name of the mythical chinese dragon described as the leader of aquatic animals.

If i can pronounce it that is a cool suggestion. Any help you can give me there?

Back
Top Bottom