New Betta. :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, the fin rot? I'm sure it will clear up. Lots of good food, clean water, and some melafix is what I use.
I'm not even sure if its rot. I have tried salt and clean water and it does nothing at all. He keeps getting worse...

TheCrazyFishLady said:
Actually just looked up. It seems to be another one of those famed fish controversies.

Lol yeah I suppose it is. From what I've read I wouldn't be trusting it. But then again I'm nervous about adding salt to my tanks.

I have used it before on Bettas with no ill effects. but it didn't help at all.

Sorry to butt in, but this site is SO informative, I wish I knew about this months ago before my set-up and the many bettas I mysteriously lost due to lack of knowledge. Since signing-on i've been reading various post and what you said about Mettafix sounds about right. The pet stores near me all swear by it and said use it, but each time I did, my bettas died afterwards.

Sorry to butt in, but this site is SO informative, I wish I knew about this months ago before my set-up and the many bettas I mysteriously lost due to lack of knowledge. Since signing-on i've been reading various post and what you said about Mettafix sounds about right. The pet stores near me all swear by it and said use it, but each time I did, my bettas died afterwards.
If you do use it you need to use it in a half dose. That's what I used when I did use it, but it didn't help my fish at all, nor her them either.

Yea, that's one of the issues. You have to go with smaller doses, hence why there is Bettafix. It's a fifth of the concentration (if I remember correctly).

Personally, I have used it on all of my betta issues and have had no problems. It helped my fin rot issue with Marlboro and helped with some damaged girls when I had a sorority (never doing that again...).

Back
Top Bottom