New breeder question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigfish99

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i am looking to get into breeding. Currently have a 20 tall and a 55 both set up as tropical community tanks. Here is what i was thinking:

I will be breeding endlers and albino bristlenose in both community settings, just as something that will happen, not pushing the issue or for a big financial gain. (Chose because my LFS sells alot of them and is willing to buy from me as well as the fact i love them both and already have both!)

I would add a 40 breeder as a growout for fry

Would this work? Can i grow out bristlenose and endler fry together in one tank? Will the bristlenose fry eat the endler fry?

As i said, new to breeding and open to suggestions!

I am really excited to get this next project underway.

I'm In same situation you're in, wanna start breeding bristlenoses my albino got killed so I need a new one which will but me on hold.. But I'll follow this thread to get some advice to! But I've also read if you have a tank with just your bristlenoses you'll do fine the male will protect the eggs and fan them so you don't need to take them out of the tank at all.

Bristlenose fry will be fine with other fish fry. Keep in mind that they are eating machines and take a few months to reach a decent selling size. Keep an eye on your water quality and they will grow faster in a tank with more room as well as competition for food gets to be an issue. You will notice some babies getting larger than others. For best results separate the sizes so that the small ones have a better chance to get more food

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom