New BTA and have some questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Morgie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got a bubble tip anemone for my 125g tank a few days ago. At first it looked fine but shortly after I placed it in the tank it closed up, with it's mouth open and some clear-ish goo came out of it's mouth. After that it opened back up and appears okay. I read that they sometimes do that when introduced to a new environment but it still scared me!

Here are a few pictures of it.
img_1723068_0_a98cb26fca6cac64be5b619aea1ada03.jpg

img_1723068_1_aa97c764af8cd0d8fb34b4b3892b177f.jpg

Another question I have is what color should it be? The foot is a pink-ish color but the tentacles are a light orange color. Is it bleached out? If so what can I do to get it healthy?

Or am I worrying over nothing? haha

Our BTA had a pink foot, the tentacles were a green color. We were told at our LFS to look for BTAs with good color, that if they were clear looking or lacked color it was a sign of being underfed and/or illness.
However - We're new to saltwater and are still learning. I'm curious to read the experts' opinion.

A couple things about anenomes. They need a mature tank of at least 1 year IMO. They need the stability that a mature tank can give them. Also they need some intense lighting also. What type lighting do you have?

Back
Top Bottom