New build 150g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I have now upgraded my lighting to LED's
I went for the max spec razor 16k 160w. I'm really happy with it, it really enhances all the different colours of the corals and fish.

image-1777885979.jpg

What do you think guys?

So I have now upgraded my lighting to LED's I went for the max spec razor 16k 160w. I'm really happy with it, it really enhances all the different colours of the corals and fish. What do you think guys?

Very nice Guinness. Definitely a nice upgrade. :)

Cheers SeanMonster. Like I say really happy with them, hoping I can get my monti to grow now. The T5's just weren't good enough. Now just need to sell the T5 unit so I can buy some more corals. Lol

Glad you found a unit that works for you Guinness. My T5 with a Reef Brite LED has been working well. Look for my new thread next month (mid-December). Converting my 180g FO to a reef. Getting the equipment together as we speak.

Glad you found a unit that works for you Guinness. My T5 with a Reef Brite LED has been working well. Look for my new thread next month (mid-December). Converting my 180g FO to a reef. Getting the equipment together as we speak.

Ah sounds cool, will look out for that one.

Sold the T5 unit this morning, nice easy transaction.

I think the trouble with my T5 unit was that they were cheap bulbs, it would have cost me £200 a year in bulbs for good quality ones. So LED's work out a lot cheaper for me.

Ah sounds cool, will look out for that one. Sold the T5 unit this morning, nice easy transaction. I think the trouble with my T5 unit was that they were cheap bulbs, it would have cost me £200 a year in bulbs for good quality ones. So LED's work out a lot cheaper for me.

Yeah, that's a huge cost. I can get the Giesmann bulbs here for about $100 per year. Not that the LED lights wouldn't save money but that's a pretty tolerable cost.

Yeah, that's a huge cost. I can get the Giesmann bulbs here for about $100 per year. Not that the LED lights wouldn't save money but that's a pretty tolerable cost.

Yea that isn't a bad price at all, I would have to change the bulbs twice a year tho, I noticed a big difference after six months use. That's what swung me in the direction of the led's, that and the colours of the corals and fish look so much better under them.

Hi guys can anyone tell me what this is please? And any info you have ie placement and care levels.

Attachments

• 1396811083397.jpg
    1396811083397.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 108
Definitely looks like a Monti. Just not sure what kind. Will have to get you some updates of my 180. Btw Rossi is back!!!! :)

Yea that will be good. Be nice to see. How's it comming along.

Oh yes its nice to see rossi back and in the hunt. ?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks navaljonf. How do you know if its growing and is it a slow growing coral or does it grow fairly quick. Should I keep it on the sand bed or up on a rock?
Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks navaljonf. How do you know if its growing and is it a slow growing coral or does it grow fairly quick. Should I keep it on the sand bed or up on a rock?

It's a pretty fast grower for me, new growth will be a lighter color around the lip of the coral.

I have had mine now for a few months and haven't noticed any growth. Mag is 1300 cal is 450 kh is 10 ph 8.2 ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 10. I dose cal, mag, kh, iodine once a week to maintain levels.

Fast grower in my tank. The growth will be obvious as more polyps will appear along the outer edge. I have a few all along the rockwork. Some high, some low, all grow really well. Give it some time or try a new location if it isn't thriving in the sand bed.

Thanks guys. Really appreciate all the help. Pics would be cool Rpbutillo.

Back
Top Bottom