New build 150g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ask your cabinet guy to spray the inside as well Trust me your gonna want it sealed

Cabinet looks awesome! :) id be excited too!!

Cheers Dan. I can't wait to collect it and sit the tank on it and actually see what it looks like. I just need a main return pump and a light unit. I'm selling loads of stuff to try and raise the money, it's going to kill me if I have to wait another month before its running. Fingers crossed. :)

Just ordered the return pump, it will be here on Monday. Brought a new-jet 4500ltr for £90/$136
Cheapest I could find. There are other pumps for cheaper but the new-jet is supposed to be really good and reliable. Lets hope so hey lol.

Just ordered the return pump, it will be here on Monday. Brought a new-jet 4500ltr for £90/$136
Cheapest I could find. There are other pumps for cheaper but the new-jet is supposed to be really good and reliable. Lets hope so hey lol.

Yeah I don't know anything about those. Look into a dampener pad if u haven't already. Is it an external or submersible pump?

It's both external or in sump, I haven't looked at a dampener pad tbh I don't even know what it is lol.

Its for the pump. If it causes too much of a vibration, u get a dampener pad and put it underneath and quiets it down.

What type of lighting are you gonna do? Might dictate where you place your pump. I don't have an issue with heat in my tank however it's b/c i use LED's. if I wasn't I'd probably have my return pump sitting outside my fuge so not as to overheat the tank

What type of lighting are you gonna do? Might dictate where you place your pump. I don't have an issue with heat in my tank however it's b/c i use LED's. if I wasn't I'd probably have my return pump sitting outside my fuge so not as to overheat the tank

I'm going to be using a T5 6 tube ovt light unit. Just hope I can afford to get it this weekend.
I would like LEDS but can't afford them at the moment.

If a pump is drawing that much heat, something is wrong with it. I myself use LED lights so my pump is in my sump. But I never heard of a pump giving off such heat

Cabinet I'd finished all done and sprayed.

What do you think?

image-3738629312.jpg

Quick question about tank connectors. Does the rubber washer go on the inside of the tank or the outside of the tank?

Back
Top Bottom