New cichlid help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.h2012

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm looking to add a few more cichlids to my Malawi 55g tank that currently has:
4 Labidochromis caeruleus
3 kenyi's (2 female 1 male)
1 acei

I've been looking over the site LFS orders their fish from and have a few ideas. I'm having a hard time deciding and I would like your input on which would work best. My absolute favorite, and this just happens to be one I'm not sure I can even have go figure lol, is Labeotropheus fuelleborni. I've read conflicting info on size and haven't been able to find a minimum tank size either, I've read size of this particular fish can be anywhere between 7''-10''. Probably a no go for my tank right?
Other ones I can't decide between...
Red peacock
Orange blotches peacock
Labidochromis Hongi
Iodotropheus sprengerae

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Ok so your right the 7in is a no go for your tank.. you need to try and stay around 5in or less.. really the acei is to big for your tank andblike to swim alot plus prefer groups ..

Next you absolutly dont need to mix any labidochromis species they will fight to the death is what i have read from several members on here and other forums ....

Also i dont think.its a good idea to mix peacocks with mbuna plus the male peacocks usually have all the color with females being a silverish color

Back
Top Bottom