New Clown!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TitoBoyz2491

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well I just added a percula clown to my 20 gallon long. My tank completed the cycle and the paramiters are good. Well yestrday when I added him he was swimming around the tank but today he has picked a spot and hasnt left it. Is that normal? Does it take a while for them to get used to swim around?

Most clowns will be like that. They rarely swim all around the tank. They will find a spot and stay in that area. They will usually defend their territory.

I agree, I just picked up a pair of no bar clowns yesterday.

Well I tried to feed him yestrday but he wouldnt eat. Today i threw very very few flakes and he showed interest but didnt eat. Is this normal?

Could it be that im feeding him food for freshwater fish? Is there really a difference? He spits the food out but appears to be hungry.

I would find out what the LFS was feeding him and feed him that. I know mine like a frozen mix of stuff, and feed them that, with a variety every few days. I dont know about the freshwater flakes, but that doesn't sound like what they were eating...

I would not feed FW food. Try feeding some frozen Mysis or as brought out before find out what the LFS was feeding. It`s always a good practice to ask the LFS to feed while you are there so you can see it eat and not get home to find out it`s not eating. Hopefully he`ll be OK.

Get some Garlic Guard and add it to frozen mysis or brine. And rinse the frozen water in FW first. I've heard that frozen water is full of phosphates.

Back
Top Bottom