New convict fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JRacey

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Anybody else have fry? If so post some pictures!

image-957701011.jpg

Watching the convicts and there fry are the coolest things. My pair have had at least 6 batches of fry. I had them in a smaller tank and upgraded a couple of months ago to a 55 gallon and the newest batch of fry have thrived even with all the other fish in the tank. I have attached a couple of pics. Currently I have at least 15 babies that have made it to this size. Good luck.

image-509910344.jpg

image-769167607.jpg

Watching the convicts and there fry are the coolest things. My pair have had at least 6 batches of fry. I had them in a smaller tank and upgraded a couple of months ago to a 55 gallon and the newest batch of fry have thrived even with all the other fish in the tank. I have attached a couple of pics. Currently I have at least 15 babies that have made it to this size. Good luck.

Oh nice! See I already have a seperate breeder tank that I've been breeding for awhile now. I've had at least 7 batches of fry and sold them off. This is the first time I've had convict fry in my 55 though. And I'm worried my oscars are going to eat them.

I have 2 oscars in mine as well and 2 blood parrots and a bichir that is about a foot long none of them have bothered them. I mean they make there way over to that side if the tank but the parents run them off. Now that my fry has gotten a lot larger and there starting to show stripes they have gotten a lot braver moving about the tank. Even some of the babies have started showing some dominance when they are in what I call their rock structures. It's the funniest thing watching them push the other fish out.

I have 2 oscars in mine as well and 2 blood parrots and a bichir that is about a foot long none of them have bothered them. I mean they make there way over to that side if the tank but the parents run them off. Now that my fry has gotten a lot larger and there starting to show stripes they have gotten a lot braver moving about the tank. Even some of the babies have started showing some dominance when they are in what I call their rock structures. It's the funniest thing watching them push the other fish out.

Oh ok! Well that's good to know. Now I hope mine won't get eaten!

Back
Top Bottom