New corals!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saltwaterfish56

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just bought 2 soft corals that my lfs store said were very hardy but forgot to ask what kind they were , I'm new to corals any help or tips ? Can anyone tell me if they know what these are?

image-294293474.jpg

The one on the left is a Zoanthid colony.
The one on the right is hard to see, but it looks like a colony of Green Star Polyps all closed up.
Just a guess on the second though. Both are relatively easy to care for, med light and med flow, and don't require any special feeding.

Ohh ok cool !!! Thank you so much I dot know anything about corals haha , I'll do some research on them thanks a lot!!

Saltwaterfish56 said:
Ohh ok cool !!! Thank you so much I dot know anything about corals haha , I'll do some research on them thanks a lot!!

Just a heads up man but try and do your research before buying! I made this mistake a few times! Once I bought a tube anemone about a week after I had purchases my 3/4 inch big tank raised clownfish and the clown I guess wasn't smart enough to stay away and got eaten, I probably wouldn't have purchased the anemone until after the clown had grown if I had known it eats fish!
I hope I don't come off rude or mean, just trying to hep out haha but those are nice corals!

Back
Top Bottom