New cories, betta and angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newfound77951

Aquarium Advice Addict
Brought some coral frags to the LFS and got these guys all for free! The betta is in the 2 gal by himself, the others are in the 55.

Betta: I've never seen one this color. He matches my kayak!
with flash:
P1060330.JPG

without flash:
P1060331.JPG

Cories: There were 3 of these little guys, they look a little starved, one especially, but I've been putting tons of shrimp pellets in the tank to hopefully fatten them up. Checked in my old fish book and looks as though they are C. loxozonus but that might be different now.
P1060382.JPG

one of the loaches says "hi"
P1060431.JPG

a cory pile:
P1060434.JPG

Angelfish....I've never had an angelfish before. Got this one as a centerpiece fish. Was a little worried about the other fish bothering him but as soon as i put him in, the rainbows came over (all 12 of them) and he flared his fins out as if to say "I'm not scared of you" and the rainbows left him alone. Very pretty, body about the size of a quarter, super curious and comes and checks me out if I get close to the tank.
P1060361.JPG

P1060422.JPG

wow, awsome fish, i love the cories. For a definate ID post those pics on planet catfish.

I can't beleive you have never had an angel. You have definately been missing out! What i nice one you got too, enjoy him!

Nice buys! Your angelfish will always be looking for you to drop in some food if he's anything like my 3.

Roka, I traded in some coral frags....so no new ones. I had a couple too many leathers and they were battling each other, so some had to go.

I'm not sure if any of the cories made it....one was dead last night and I couldn't find the other two. Hopefully they were just hiding out in the jungle in the back of the tank and I'll see them soon, but I think they were in pretty bad shape.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully, the others will pull through.

Back
Top Bottom