New Discus planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Candi1990

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have been on the hobby for years. I have decided to try a planted discus tank. Two new things for me. What are your opinions on planed discus tanks I have heard good and bad. Some say don't do planted...

Can I dose my plants will it harm the fish?

I would like discus help will do a different thread on how to do the planted tank. How many discus (min) can I start in a 100 gal tank? I can't afford to start with 10!!!! Maybe 3? And once I know what I am doing I can add more. It's just too expensive of a fish for me to experiment with. Please share your thoughts!!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

It's totally doable. I have a planted 75g discus tank.

There was a member on here who bred discus and had a very large(150g I think) planted discus tank.

The 2 biggest pieces of advice I can give you:

1. You could have 6-7 maybe 8 discus in a 100g. Most important part is buying them all very close to the same size. I've learned first hand buying them at different sizes can cause bullying issues. It's best to get them all at once. If you can't afford them they might not be for you.

2. Research plants and tank mates carefully. There's many fish and plants that cannot tolerate the 83-85 degree temperatures of discus tanks.

Caleb

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom