New eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fluff

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was lucky enough to pick up another white moray yesterday. :) Here are a few bad pics. The last pic is of the one I already had. :)

Attachments

• 062908 049.jpg
    062908 049.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 062908 046.jpg
    062908 046.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 062908 010.jpg
    062908 010.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 88
And how many fingers do you have left? :lol!:

Just kidding. They are beautiful aquisitions. I need to mover to a larger place where I too can have MTS.

LOL I still have all ten digits. I couldn't get the new one to eat yet, let alone hand feed. :) But, it's something I'll be working on. ;)

Do your eels stay a smaller size? I saw a green moray at the aquarium in chicago (shed aquarium) and it was probabaly 7-9 feet long and its body was probably 10" in diameter. This thing was HUGE.

edit: Ok so i found a picture out of curiosity and i guess i remembered him bigger then he was but... don't let this picture fool you he is still really big. I wish there was something to give you an idea of size in that pic. The tank he is in is about the size of most people's living rooms. Shedd Aquarium | Green Moray Eel

Very nice Cindy. I have just found out the last several months how fun an eel can be. They are great creatures.

Geez Cindy they sure are beautiful creatures. I'm sure you will get him to eat in no time flat. I would absolutely love to see all your critters in person. Of course we'd have to leave my husband somewhere else. LOL, he's afraid of snakes.

lol Thanks all. :)
pat8you, my eels all stay small and no where near the size of an adult green. :)
Mike, be careful. They are addicting. lol
Anne, thanks. lol Perhaps that will be my goal this summer. To get updated pics and set up a photo album of some sort. Hmmmm. :)

Very cool eels. Good thing cuz i was gonna say you might need a bit bigger tank when they grow up! haha

Just an update, I got a pic of the two of them together. :D They are so awesome. The original one is the one in the back.

Attachments

• 063008 004.jpg
    063008 004.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 54
you have a couple of real beauties......are they the only two eels in the tank?

Yes, they are the only ones in that tank. It's actually my QT tank. I've kinda kept the first one there because it was easier to feed him in the smaller tank. They will both eventually move into one of my other tanks once I get the new one to eat a few times and know it's more comfortable with me. :)

Thanks Houston. They are great and very docile, eels. :)

Back
Top Bottom