new favorite fish today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I never once thought about barbs. Never found them interesting or attractive....Then I went to a different petstore today and saw these green tiger barbs. I fell in LOVE. i bought a school of 6, and 3 regular tiger barbs.

They are AWESOME! very colorful and fun! they school beautifully and play games and chase around the whole tank. i am really impressed by them.

thanks =) i am feeling better. i just had a real bad day of frustration, but the good guy at the good LFS set me straight.

these guys are a riot!

How big are they now, FishyP? Wait till they grow out; I've seen some in all their splendor and they are very interesting looking fish. Have fun!

the regular tigers are about 1.5 inches. the greens are about 1 inch. they are so cool. i really like them. never thought about barbs before today and am thrilled with the discovery. the tank is all done in egyption decor. it looks fantastic.

when it settles a bit more i will post some pics

Yes, thay are fun to watch. Yours should all school together since the green tiger barb is just a color variant of the regular TB. I've kept as many as 9 before and they really add a lot of activity to the tank. How big is your tank?

BTW, glad to see you're feeling better about the hobby.

this is a 20 gallon high set up for just them and some plants, although i did put a candy stripe dwarf pleco in with them

Back
Top Bottom