New filter and heater, finally!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dear_iinsanity

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I've had my betta for a little over a month now, he was in a half gallon glass bowl with no filter or heater and I felt terrible. I finally got him a little 3 gallon cube about a week and a half ago which came with a whisper 3i filter and a small set of LED lights, but still no heater. Poor guy must have been freezing his *** off!!

I finally got myself to the pet store today and bought him a marina 25 watt submersible heater and an aquaclear 20 HOB filter. He's been sitting next to the heater since I put it in, lol.

Next up, redo the whole tank with new substrate, plants and driftwood. Let the fun begin. :)

So I've had my betta for a little over a month now, he was in a half gallon glass bowl with no filter or heater and I felt terrible. I finally got him a little 3 gallon cube about a week and a half ago which came with a whisper 3i filter and a small set of LED lights, but still no heater. Poor guy must have been freezing his *** off!!

I finally got myself to the pet store today and bought him a marina 25 watt submersible heater and an aquaclear 20 HOB filter. He's been sitting next to the heater since I put it in, lol.

Next up, redo the whole tank with new substrate, plants and driftwood. Let the fun begin. :)

The aqua clear will be too much flow for a betta... Maybe some sponges on the outflow would help?

Now I don't speak from personal experience but I've heard a few people mention Bettas getting cut or torn fins on drift wood if there's any sharp edges so I'd be careful to chose pieces that don't have jagged bits (or do what I did for my main tank and blunt the points them with something hard) hope everything works out :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom