New finnex planted plus !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brookster123

Aquarium Advice Addict
This will be going on my 20 tall, currently lit up by a dual t5no, I've been dosing the full seachem line for a month now, excel for 2 months.. Tank has been running for 4-5 months.. Plants are micro chain sword, hygro kompact, rotala roundfula, anubias nana, java moss.. Growth has been ok, micros have sent out a couple runners.. Anubias has some gda that I'm hoping the phosphates will deal with, I just started dosing phos last week, didn't have a test kit yet.. I've had the sponge filter in there since day 1 to aid in cycle, I've been meaning to remove it but everytime I try my gf insists that her guppys will become massively depressed without the bubbles..

image-362197802.jpg

image-1653371525.jpg

image-1705131783.jpg

image-3736215437.jpg

New light... Man it's bright!!! The blues make mr ramster look really nice too! image-2078625500.jpg image-3028140203.jpg
Edit- first pic with blues on, this is no blues

image-3409748776.jpg

Last edited:
Brookster, congrats on the new light. I recently upgraded to it as well and am really enjoying it. Are you running the blues along with the red/white? I ask because I haven't been able to find out if this is recommended or not. I believe some do and some don't.

Also, I just updated my glut/corydora thread which I know you had an earlier interest in. Not to worry you as it may not be glut related, but I lost another habrosus.

I'm going to run the blues for now because... Simply.. They make the ram pop, he even seems to like this light better.. It's strange, he's been out and about ever since I fired it up.. Not in a stressed out "what the heck is all this?!?" Way either.. More confident.. I hope my plants feel the same:)

This moonlight setting is pretty cool!!!!!

image-3571657580.jpg

image-1505959347.jpg

image-2571342712.jpg

Lastly.. Unicorn puke detector.. Grrrrrr. TEARDOWN TIME!!!

image-2917629211.jpg

I'm going to run the blues for now because... Simply.. They make the ram pop, he even seems to like this light better.. It's strange, he's been out and about ever since I fired it up.. Not in a stressed out "what the heck is all this?!?" Way either.. More confident.. I hope my plants feel the same:)
Nice light Brookster. So much brighter. Tank looks really well......

Unicorn puke! I call that gravel Fruity Pebbles(get it?) Surely you wont tear it down due to a few neon rocks...?

It's a great option pricewise vs. competition, let's see how it grows plants! I won't tear down, I'll just use the moonlight and my planting tongs to pick them out;)

Last edited:
Looking forward to updates on plant growth. Looks like a nice fixture. Congrats!
me to haha, I'm thinking the next logical step would be a freshhhhh DIY co2 setup, as soon as I move my generator out from under the kitchen table I can set it up. Cool if I pm you with questions??

me to haha, I'm thinking the next logical step would be a freshhhhh DIY co2 setup, as soon as I move my generator out from under the kitchen table I can set it up. Cool if I pm you with questions??

Certainly. Ask away.
Confession time: I have gone to the dark side. Received my regulator and tank this week and will be setting up pressurized CO2 this weekend. Nothing wrong with DIY CO2; it has certainly done wonders for my tank. When I went from dual T5 NO to the Finnex fugeray I saw increased growth but after adding DIY CO2 the affect on plant growth was dramatic for the most part. Just looking for consistency with the amount of CO2 being introduced.

Mind sharing what you got? I'm guessing you've forgone expenses to incorporate your own ingenuity??

Mind sharing what you got? I'm guessing you've forgone expenses to incorporate your own ingenuity??

Premium Aquatek CO2 Regulator with Integrated Cool Touch Solenoid
Aquatek CO2 Paintball Tank CGA 320 Adapter
Valken CO2 Aluminum DOT-TC Paintball Tank, 24 Ounce
Aquatek CO2 Proof Tubing, 16 ft (this did not arrived)
Aquatek Bubble Counter + Check Valve (included with the regulator)

I know I'm a page late, but the unicorn puke had me cracking up. Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app
I don't know how they keep getting in my kitchen?? Readyyyy

image-3097224004.jpg

Ahhhhhhhhhh

Attachments

• image-1694732115.jpg
    image-1694732115.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 120
Back
Top Bottom