new fish (and some old)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crazycat

Aquarium Advice FINatic
just thought i'd share a few pics of the inhabitants of my 125g.

my new (and much beloved) red whiptail catfish (L010a--rineloricaria sp.). they seem to really like the powerhead.

mr. green (green phantom--L200--hemiancistrus subviridis). also in the picture: mustard spot pleco (LDA31--panaque albomaculatus) and on the left a hint of one of my peruvian panthers (L174--hypancistrus sp.)

gold angelicus (L004)

fattypants (chinese algae eater), mr. bigspot (LDA33), angelicus loaches (botia kubotai)

thanks zagz!

the cae--aka fattypants or brattypants depending--is about 5.5" now. he definitely rules the roost and likes to chase everyone away from whatever he's into. at the moment, it's a piece of zuchini. he gets into shoving matches with my big clown loach--which is really funny b/c they look like linebackers.

Thanks Cat. I don't think too many people here on AA have seen some of the crazy L's you've got. I know I've never seen any of them for sale in my pitiful LFS. I'm coming to NY and catburglaring your house with a couple of plastic bags and some rubber bands :p

hahahahaha! you just try it and i'll sic my killer attack black lab on you ;)

all those fish are in my local fish store except for the green phantom guy i have never seen one of them before. i have tried the golden algea eater before but they never seem to last long.

you have a great lfs--some of those plecos are hard to come by--the big spot and the peruvian panther especially! i'm jealous! but i would be SOOOO broke!

I was looking at some regular whiptails at the LFS today, Do they do anything useful for a planted tank aside from fertalizing?

awesome looking fish BTW :)

nope--they're just cool looking--i have 2 of them. if you DO want a cool uselful catfish--get a farlowella--farlowella vitatta is the most comnon--but if you can snag a royal farlowella, you'll be super lucky! they are good algae eaters, and spend most of theirtime draped on leaves, or sucked up against the glass. they're commonly known as "twig catfish". actually, i've noticed that the red whiptails do the same thing. but not the regular whiptails for some reasons--at least not the ones i have which are rineloricaria eigenmanni or parva (not sure).

The guy at the store was talking about ordering some farlowella, I'll have to see what happens. He said he used to order them all the time, but hasn't ordered them in a long time. He's also gonna look around to try and find me a couple more true SAE.

Back
Top Bottom