new fish! :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

special lighting

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just picked this guy up from my lfs for 40$ is that a good price? Also anything i should know about this flame angel? Thank you :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120926_163111.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120926_163111.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 114
Beautiful flame angel! Wish I could have one, but I don't want to risk my corals being nibbled on :eek:. Yeah it's an average price, pretty good for a lfs...usual price is about $40-45 (y) They can be semi-aggressive and do NOT put two dwarf angels together! They are sensitive to copper levels and should give them a variety of dried seaweed, frozen shrimp or mysis, and other meaty foods.

obscurereef said:
Beautiful flame angel! Wish I could have one, but I don't want to risk my corals being nibbled on :eek:. Yeah it's an average price, pretty good for a lfs...usual price is about $40-45 (y) They can be semi-aggressive and do NOT put two dwarf angels together! They are sensitive to copper levels and should give them a variety of dried seaweed, frozen shrimp or mysis, and other meaty foods.

Yea its nice! :) i just have moshrooms and he hasn't done anything lol. Very helpful review, it didnt eat the pellets so ima feed it some bloodworms later on :)

I think it's a good price... I see them for that but have herd as high as $60

special lighting said:
Yea wow thats a high price, im having trouble getting him to eat though. what kind of clown fish do you have on your display photo?

True percula (idk how it's spelled) I bought them as a pair on a mis marked price $40

Very pretty flame angel. I've always wanted one. But was told if I want to do a reef tank (Which I do) that it isn't good for them. Granted I do have a coral beauty now. And especially not to put another angel in with it. Our LFS here usually charge 70 for them. So yeah I definetly say good purchase!

Meagan said:
Very pretty flame angel. I've always wanted one. But was told if I want to do a reef tank (Which I do) that it isn't good for them. Granted I do have a coral beauty now. And especially not to put another angel in with it. Our LFS here usually charge 70 for them. So yeah I definetly say good purchase!

Actually angels do better and live longer in a reef setting so you are in luck! $40 is a good price!

Back
Top Bottom