New fish for my 12 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tankneebie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Planning on getting rid of my yeelow tang and replacing it with a goby. My tank is a 12 gallon nano tank. Any suggestions on what goby i should i get? I was planning on a diamond goby(they look cool:cool:).

i love my diamond goby but he is quite large. If you get a small one and move it to the 55 then that might be okay. You def need sand for them and rock for him to make a home under. Keep in mind that this goby will keep mostly to the bottom of the tank. They are also known to be jumpers. A clown goby is perfect for small tanks due to their size. They will sit on the rock mostly though and not swim around. The firefish goby will swim around in the middle but get they startled easily. Some sites i like to research on are:

Gobies for Sale: Goby Fish Species Including Shrimp Gobies

Saltwater Fish Goby, Saltwater Fish Blenny, Saltwater Fish Jaw Fish

i have orange spot goby in my tank...it always jump out from the tank when first i intro it to my nano tank....but 2 days after its look fine...maybe after get to know each other....now it started to dig the sand under the LR and fun to watch.....juz tell u my goby.....:D

Did you Buy the 12g from the same place that you bought the yellow Tang?

yeah why?
That store is the cause of allot of problems.They knew that a yellow tang can't survive in a 12g....Most saltwater fish can't survive long term in a 12g. I don't blame you and that is why I asked if you got the tank and fish from the same place.

It would be in the best interest of the fish if you tell them what size tank you have. Not trying to be a pain but that`s just not a good idea to put a tang in a 12 gallon tank. Researching your fish prior to getting them will help out alot and help you to understand their needs.

Im probably going to get a yellow clown goby for mine. You are really pretty limited on fish in a 12g. Even two fish in there is going to make your tank a lot of work to keep the water quality up.

red scooter blenny is a lot like a mandarin, they feast on copepods, constantly. they're known to wipe out a tanks population, then starve to death.

for a 12G tank unless you're gonna supplement pods or spend the quality time training on frozen foods (which might be a failed attempt) i'd suggest against it.

i tried to ask on here if i could keep a mandarin or scooter blenny in my 14G biocube and was talked out of it, as stubborn as i was =]

so yeah unless you're gonna buy copepods or attatch a rather large refugium to your tank i'd advise against it

=/ sorry you're getting shot down, maybe a firefish goby? mine has lots of personality

You will find in SW that the nices fish are the hardest to keep. LOL

Back
Top Bottom