New Fish Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ben757

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently got a blood red parrrot. I was going to get a larger, more mature one, but another fish killed it at the pet shop. I ended up getting a baby, and I named him Winston. I was just wondering if someone can give me some adivce on making him more accustomed to me. I read that they end up getting attached to their owners and even greet them, but right now Winston just hides in a little cave. Any advice on bonding with him is greatly appreciated, thanks!

You just got him.

My advice is giving him time. Cichlids learn and start to notice who brings the food. He will become more comfortable as he grows, and will start to come to the front when you approach the tank.

My Oscar had the best personality of any fish I have ever seen, he would flip out when I went to his tank. He used to play with a ping pong ball all day, and eat out of my hands. If I put my hand in the tank, he would come up and almost rest himself in my hand. He was a great fish.

Back
Top Bottom