New Fish Identity Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
can the blue hap, brown unknown fish (possible blue females) and the yellow labs breed together?

if so would i have half a blue and half a yellow fish...fry r still pretty much clear

no answer for the above question?

I asked the previous ower obout these brown cichlids, apparently they used to be more red than brown with blue stripes...is there a way to bring that color back or do some cichlids change color with age? hopefully that might help with identifying them....?

The brown ones look more like Peacocks to me than Mbuna. Probably females if I had to guess. I have no idea which species it is though. Most all the female Peacocks look similar.

yep, its the brown ones I am mostly puzzeled about, as I said before the pervious owner said they used to be more red with blue stripes, now they are both brown? do they loose color with age or is something wrong?

looks like people have given some of my guesses....those are some good looking fishies you got there. I especially like the blue hap. It is just gorgeous.

yeah i know, but i feel bad, its 7 inches in my 46 gal bowfront, its only 3 feet long...i have a 55 gal too...which is 4 feet but its only 1 foot in depth, dont know which would be better or if i should sell him

added a better pic of the brown cichlid...any more ideas anyone?

Attachments

• HPIM4218.jpg
    HPIM4218.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 60
Its definitely a Malawi Haplochromine (Hap)...notice the face shape compared to the Electric Blue (they are identical shapewise).

Browse through these profiles:
Species Profiles -- Cichlid-Forum

I was thinking Sciaenochromis ahli, but even the picture where the fish is colored up....it doesn't have red stripes. I can't think of a fish off hand that has that description actually, but maybe someone else can.

I am going to have to go with female hap as well, I have a bunch of brown fry I found in the tank, so in a couple months hopefully they will tell me exactly, if not then the fry are a hybrid of some of the fish in the tank and I am back to trying to determine out who these brown fish are

Thanks so much everyone for your help!

Back
Top Bottom