New fish in QT, when to start feeding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bloomk

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just got to small schooling bannerfish, when should I start feeding them?

I know, I sacrificed some live rock but these are hardy fish and I didn't have any cycled media and I get attached to fish this cute so it's worth maybe loosing $30 worth of LR to keep the water nicer for them..

Attachments

• image-1683006798.jpg
    image-1683006798.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 57
  • image-1450566996.jpg
    image-1450566996.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 75
You won't lose anything. Do you have a HOB filter running in the QT? If so the LR will seed it with bacteria and there won't be a cycle.

BallinCrew10 said:
You won't lose anything. Do you have a HOB filter running in the QT? If so the LR will seed it with bacteria and there won't be a cycle.

Ok, lol but when is best to start feeding my new fish?

I'd give them some time to adjust. Maybe tomorrow sometime. Fish are fine to go several days without food.

BallinCrew10 said:

I actually have 2 HOB filters but one has no filter media in it cause it's only to increase water flow.. A cheap power head :)

Bloomk said:
I actually have 2 HOB filters but one has no filter media in it cause it's only to increase water flow.. A cheap power head :)

Whatever works lol. Throw some rubble in it if you can. If not it'll work just fine as a PH.

BallinCrew10 said:
I'd give them some time to adjust. Maybe tomorrow sometime. Fish are fine to go several days without food.

K, cause they seem to be doing well, they are picking at the live rock steadily..

I've fed my fish hours within putting them in qt. They usually eat right away for me. :) Might not be a bad idea to see if they are hungry. always makes my nerves relax once I see them eat. lol

BallinCrew10 said:
Whatever works lol. Throw some rubble in it if you can. If not it'll work just fine as a PH.

It's a 10 gallon filter, so no rubble I have is small enough to fit inside of it..

Bloomk said:
K, cause they seem to be doing well, they are picking at the live rock steadily..

Its up to you. If you can't or don't want to wait try and feed them. Giving them food certainly can't hurt them lol.

BallinCrew10 said:
Its up to you. If you can't or don't want to wait try and feed them. Giving them food certainly can't hurt them lol.

K, I fed them.. Don't seem to like flakes yet so put some frozen food and they ate it...

carey said:
I've fed my fish hours within putting them in qt. They usually eat right away for me. :) Might not be a bad idea to see if they are hungry. always makes my nerves relax once I see them eat. lol

Carey, are you ever not on this website? Lol u post on every thread I have seen lol

BallinCrew10 said:
That's good news.

I guess flake is a bit unnatural so it takes time for them to eat it? Flake usually floats so floating foods I guess don't seem like food?

I was juuust gonna log over to warcraft too....If i'm not playing wow I'm here. It's fun and makes the day go by faster.

Bloomk said:
Carey, agree you ever not on this website? Lol u post on every thread I have seen lol

Lol well she is an aqarium freak. I work 12 hour shifts at night. I'm on here the entire time lol, at work right now actually haha

Back
Top Bottom