New fish is a bully

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abbyn

Aquarium Advice Regular
One of the first fish I got (about 3 years ago) was a pair of black phantom tetras. I lost one a little while ago. On Monday, I went to the store to get him a friend since I know they like to be in schools or pairs with similar species. I bought a little tetra ( blanking out on the name right now but it looks vary similar to a black phantom tetra but has longer flowier fins and is slightly red) my older tetra was looking stressed yesterday. After watching them for a few minutes I realized that the new fish is a bully. My bpt is losing his color and his fins are a little torn. When he sees the other fish he will go and hide somewhere breathing quickly. The new guy is constantly pestering him and nipping at his fins. I have a 20 gallon ( neon tetras, a platy, Siamese alge eaters, and a gourami) I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Yeah I think so

Here's a picture

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414044920.355633.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414044920.355633.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 101
they get real mean if not in groups of 5 and are often mean any way try rehoming him and get more of you black skirts if you can

Okay thanks

Back
Top Bottom