New fish owner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awesome! I will look into all of this and get back to you with any more questions, thank you so much for all your help!

Just an FYI - I bought the best test strips I could find and in hindsight I could have bought 2 API master kits for the cost of all the strips I bought. If you do get strips cut them in half lengthwise as you'll be going through alot while you're cycling. One master kit will last a long time. I'm not much better than a novice, currently running 2 10 gallon tanks, and I really wish I'd known this when I set up my first tank

Just an FYI - I bought the best test strips I could find and in hindsight I could have bought 2 API master kits for the cost of all the strips I bought. If you do get strips cut them in half lengthwise as you'll be going through alot while you're cycling. One master kit will last a long time. I'm not much better than a novice, currently running 2 10 gallon tanks, and I really wish I'd known this when I set up my first tank

Thanks for the input! Yea i ended up going with the master kit!

Congratulations on the new tank! I started keeping fish back in the 1970s and remember when we used to just dump them in and hope for the best. We know a lot more now, luckily for the fish!

On the very slim chance that you are located in the DC area, there is someone on Craigslist who has been trying to rehome a couple of redeye tetras into a school with other redeyes for a few weeks now.

Have fun with the tank!

Back
Top Bottom