NEW FISH Peacock bass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
didysis said:
Haplochromis Red tail (sp44)

Haplochromis sp.44 "Red Tail"

Ya this is the son, he has now taken over as the alpha. He is really good looking, the father also can show the same color just does not always

Things to know about them, best if kept in a group of a couple females to one male, problem is they breed like rabbits, maybe worse, I started with 2 in my tank and pulled the mother out when she first started holding, I did that twice, now I just leave them in the tank because I have 5 mothers holding right now. They do need space as when they mate they pic a place and then defend it from any male and other cichlids same size, anything much larger they leave alone. With my large tank he likes to rule half of it when he is courting the ladies which is about 50% of the time min. Fun to watch, I should shoot a video of him.

Beautiful fish!! That's all I can say lol... Can u put them w yellow labs or mingo cichilds ?

Thanks, ya he sure has allot of color. I have a yellow lab but its really small(wifes favorite fish) (about half the size), so they never bother each other at all, as for a mingo cichlid I have never heard of that paticular one, or never heard of it as a mingo. Are they African that would be my guess?

Beautiful fish!! That's all I can say lol... Can u put them w yellow labs or mingo cichilds ?

I have about 4 Kenyi in my tank, never had a maingano, looks like a cool fish though. As always its the African South american Mix, some like to do it some dont do it at all and say never to do it.

I have never really had problems mixing them and continue to do so.

Veryy nice and yea he looks nice and healthy, btw your native tankk is sock

Thanks, you guys are making me want to get some more Native fish, I only like getting them in the summer when the water is warmer and not such an adjustment. I would like to do a large mouth bass, or if I can find one a white bass, trout tank, With catfish of course :)

That would be very cool you should look into green sunfish and a longear sunfish their very pretty i live ny and they rare to catch

See my profile and avatar pic that's a green sun fish :) Already got one, about 6 inches plus. He has been in the tank 2.5 years, To me he is just another Cichlid looks just like them in so many ways.

ya too bad we dont have longear sunfish here, if we did I would see about getting one, a pike would be cool but they get very very large.

That would be very cool you should look into green sunfish and a longear sunfish their very pretty i live ny and they rare to catch

O wow i didnt even notice your advatar hahah what part of nyyou from

Thats cool if i could get my hands on a longear i would take it asap lol i love those fish

Ya I am starting to want something a bit different now in my tank, well and I want a larger tank, if I could find a good deal on about a 400-500 gallon tank I would jump on it right now. But as we all know, most people dont have a tank that size. Even 300 gallons would be a very nice tank I think.

Yea one my friend is sellin a 300h fot 600 and a 150 long with stand for 275 i may get the 150

Wow I love your tanks! And those are beautiful fish! I'm from Oklahoma and also thinking about doing a native tank this summer if I can find a deal on a bigger tank, my profile pic is a sunfish(young bluegill maybe) that I caught in a creek close to my house

That fish has some great color. I would not mind having a few of those in a tank. I have just never seen the bright colors here in Utah they are always just more grey black.

JryanM said:
Wow I love your tanks! And those are beautiful fish! I'm from Oklahoma and also thinking about doing a native tank this summer if I can find a deal on a bigger tank, my profile pic is a sunfish(young bluegill maybe) that I caught in a creek close to my house

didysis said:
That fish has some great color. I would not mind having a few of those in a tank. I have just never seen the bright colors here in Utah they are always just more grey black.

Yea I love the colors, I am going to try to get a few of them this summer when the water level goes down a little

Back
Top Bottom