New Fishies to our tank family!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

basswahm

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
It's wanted to share that today we got another ram and 4 candycane tetras. Unfortunately,the only one but wanting to play together is our red tailed shark. :( He's been chasing the newbies since they got introduced.

image-2792353463.jpg

image-2604300759.jpg

Your red-tailed shark is likely to go on a killing spree in your tank now and especially as he gets older.

Really?!!! He was fine with our danios but I guess the tetras pushed him over the edge. Maybe we will need to get him in a tank solo. :0/

One thing you can try that may or may not work is remove the shark and completely rearrange the tank. Then add the shark back in. This will sometimes trick the older fish into thinking he's in a new tank where he has no territory.

That's an interesting idea. I'll try it. I just removed some plastic plants today before I added them in. I'm going to get more live plants. But there are still enough items/hiding spots I can move until that happens. Thank you for the suggestion.

If he has been fine in the past I doubt he's gonna go on a killing spree. I agree with rivercats just rearrange things and you will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom