New freshwater tank ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

harryggumb

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a new 6g tank what are some ideas of what fish I should get and how many I can keep? Please help

Are there fish in there now (I read a few of your posts In the saltwater section)?

If it's a new empty tank (without fish) it needs to be cycled. YOu can do fish-in or fishless. Read this guide and choose one. http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f15/guide-to-starting-a-freshwater-aquarium-186089.html

A 6 gal isn't very large so you're pretty limited to either:

1 betta OR
a small group (6) if nano fish like ember tetra or chili rasbora or celestial pearl danio or endler's livebearers OR
3-4 guppies (just be careful if they are male and female as they'll breed and overstock the tank quickly)

librarygirl said:
Are there fish in there now (I read a few of your posts In the saltwater section)?

If it's a new empty tank (without fish) it needs to be cycled. YOu can do fish-in or fishless. Read this guide and choose one. http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f15/guide-to-starting-a-freshwater-aquarium-186089.html

A 6 gal isn't very large so you're pretty limited to either:

1 betta OR
a small group (6) if nano fish like ember tetra or chili rasbora or celestial pearl danio or endler's livebearers OR
3-4 guppies (just be careful if they are male and female as they'll breed and overstock the tank quickly)

I'm thinking about maybe one beta but am undecided if I rather have one beta or multiple fish :(

Shrimp, shrimp, shrimp... I know if this is your first tank shrimp probably doesn't sound to appealing. But, I wish I had a small tank full of low light plants I could fill to the brim of nothing but nano shrimp. The are really cool I have some Amano shrimp in my 29g and have falling in love

But at the same time I have a betta tank and if you wanna find a breeder off the Internet and spend 20- 30$ on a super nice Betta they can be very rewarding fish

blizowman1 said:
But at the same time I have a betta tank and if you wanna find a breeder off the Internet and spend 20- 30$ on a super nice Betta they can be very rewarding fish

I think I'm going to try a betta which one do you think I should get?

Back
Top Bottom