New fry every day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PlatyLady

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is it spring yet? It sure feels like it whenever I look into my 28 gal. Every day I find new guppy and/or platy fry. They're not easy to spot at first, but man, just start gravel vaccuuming, and voila - they're frenzied!

I made the mistake of putting one in a breeder trap last week. It was just while I was cleaning the tank... then I decided I wanted to save it - which I NEVER do (will quickly be overstocked if I do). Then, I found about seven more, and thought it would make a great picture pic to have them all together, so I put them all in the breeder (what was I thinking?) and snapped some pics. Very grudgingly, I later released them, and tried to get back to my "survival of the fittest"/"let nature take it's course" philosophy.

Yesterday I found a cute peach-coloured fry. He's in the breeder right now. I'm having attachment issues... :( Must... let... the fry... free...

Yesterday I found a cute peach-coloured fry.

See? When you start culling for certain characteristics, I think you can call yourself a breeder! Maybe it is anti-culling when you don't let the extra-cute ones get eaten? :?

hmmm maybe ONE more wont hurt... LOL... thats what i always say....but i have a fry tank w/ danio fry in it... i think i will keep one hehe

Back
Top Bottom