New green terrors! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishBoy185

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just bought 2 1" Green terros from the LFS. Ive wanted one of these guys for a while now I put them in a 75 gallon tank with around 15 guppies (Feeders). Now there not sulking like an oscar does but they do get scared and hide when I walk up to the tank. Anyways, i tried feeding them Mini hikari pellets but they were to big and then when I cut them up they ate them and spit them back out, whats going on? Pics are soon to come!

Hey FishBoy, sounds like usual behavior for new fish. Give them some time to settle in to their new environment. Also, it is not unusual for new fish to have a loss of appetite for the first few days. I had a fish not eat for a week, before he was comfortable enough to readily accept food. If all else fails, you could try feeding some live/frozen foods and/or foods soaked in some garlic juice.

Hope this helps and good luck!!

Thanks! They ate a couple of bloodworms. I just did a water change, I added stress coat and API Aquarium salt to lower there stress.

Sounds like you know what you're doing and are on the track. Keep it up!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom