New green terrors! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishBoy185

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just bought 2 1" Green terros from the LFS. Ive wanted one of these guys for a while now I put them in a 75 gallon tank with around 15 guppies (Feeders). Now there not sulking like an oscar does but they do get scared and hide when I walk up to the tank. Anyways, i tried feeding them Mini hikari pellets but they were to big and then when I cut them up they ate them and spit them back out, whats going on? Pics are soon to come! Oh yeah, and for filtration I have 2 Aquaclear 110's and a canister filter.

I just bought 2 1" Green terros from the LFS. Ive wanted one of these guys for a while now I put them in a 75 gallon tank with around 15 guppies (Feeders). Now there not sulking like an oscar does but they do get scared and hide when I walk up to the tank. Anyways, i tried feeding them Mini hikari pellets but they were to big and then when I cut them up they ate them and spit them back out, whats going on? Pics are soon to come! Oh yeah, and for filtration I have 2 Aquaclear 110's and a canister filter.

Get rid of the guppies, they'll just view them as food and not want anything to do with the pellets. For a 1" fish I'd get a small .5mm pellet like NLS Grow or Southern Delight Nano Krill, those are what I'm currently feeding all my 1-2" Jag growouts. I'll also drop some gel food in there on the weekends for them and some flakes for the smaller ones that don't care for the pellets quite yet. I started everyone off on gel food and flakes and then slowly introduced pellets into their diet and fed less and less of the other foods. Do something similar to that and they should hopefully take the pellets in a week or 2, just make sure whatever pellets you have arent too big. Your fish should be able to eat 1 pellet in about 5 seconds or less with very minimal chewing or waste out of their gills.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom