New Guppy Breading Tank Photo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MDaqua

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
photo.jpg
This is my set up i put together for breeding guppies the upper tank is my hospital/new fish tank the left side of the main tank is for keeping males and females not close to birth or that have just birthed. The right side is for birthing and Fry it is a 10 Gal tank with a 50 watt heater a round air stone and a filter sized for a 20 Gal tank. Im keeping the water temp around 74-76. Right side is very full of plants as is the left they are a mix of live and plastic plants I know 2 are Amazon Swords im not sure on the other. The hospital tank is the same temp and water conditions it is 1.2 Gal and has a Topfin 10 filter 15 watt heater and its own air stone. It is Housing 6 female Fancy guppies close to giving birth and 3 males of mixed types. The hospital has 3 Emerald Cory's and a snail they are being housed there while the community tank is being re done and switched from cold water to a similar tropical breeding system. I would love to have some feed back on this tank set up and some ways to improve it. No fry have been raised yet but i expecting things to go well.

awesome work dude, I just set up a guppy breeding tank as well, but i think im going to need to get a bigger heater, even for my 10 gallon.. oh well!

Back
Top Bottom