New Guppy Fry, Advice Needed ASAP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

happyhillbilly

Aquarium Advice Freak
So today I got up, turned on the light and what do I find? My guppy's gravid spot gone! I couldn't see the fry so I thought she ate them but now it turns out there is 5! I have a breeding trap but it was my first time with a pregnant fish, so I didn't know when to put her in. I need advice! My breeding trap turns into a grow-out tank and I need to know how to catch them (I tried the net, it failed). There is no other fish in the tank.

Catching them with a net is the only way I know of. A brine shrimp net works well. It's softer and finer than a regular net. They may do well left in the tank but if not, you'll have more in about four weeks. As soon as the female gives birth, she can be fertilized again. In optimal conditions, a female can give birth as early as three weeks from the last batch. To be sure, I would give her the three weeks and them put her in the brooding box. Good luck.

If your trap is plastic...and has slits on the bottom etc...

Be sure to change the water in them daily buy simply lifting them up...

The water in there can get different from the tank...

I use a turkey baster to catch the little guys. Be sure the opening is smooth so it doesn't hurt them when you suck them in. You may have to put your finger over the end as soon as you have them in to keep them from swimming out.

try keeping em in another small tank or at least a 3gal. bowl , with water changes frequency of about 2 or 3 days, caz they're just 7 or something, thats an option , ucan also try to put the mother in another tank or bowl with some kind of filtration caz if u left em with her,she gonna eat them really..
about the diet, try to get em some special fry food f u can, fnot then the crushed powedered flackes should be fine, feed about 2 or 3 times aday, just whats enough for them..
ive got abirth from about amonth or more, she just gave about 40 beautiful fry!!!
they're all fine ,still in asmall 5gal. tank with small corner power sponge filter and aheater fixed at about 25c, feeding em twice or 3times aday with redular each 2 or 3
days water changes..
f u need any help inthis, just post..
Great Luck :D

Back
Top Bottom