New guppy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Engel

Aquarium Advice Activist
I decided to give away my serpea's and go with guppy in my 10g. We purchased them today, and they are doing fine, except for one. I noticed he was very still in the bag when we got home, and during acclimation he hovered vertical a couple of times. Now that they are all in the tank, and at first he was hanging out against the filter intake, and now he is hanging out nearly vertical (head up) under a rock. He's really pretty... the only turquoise they had, so I don't want to lose him. Anything I can do? There are no visible signs of sickness.

Did it look healthy in the store? From what I've learned along the way the fish could be stressed from the transport or maybe there was something wrong with it before you brought it home. I've seen others recommend to keep the tank light off for new arrivals if you're not quarantining them first.

Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrates are > 5. I don't test Ph, but I know my water is high 7s. The temp is 75-77. He's actually doing a little better now. Swimming around, but mostly hovering near the top. He was normal in the store. I'm not sure why the transfer stressed him more than the others..? I'll turn off the light and let them all acclimate quietly.

Back
Top Bottom