new guy to CO2 injection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ffmedic2800

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Been doing some searching of old posts, checked out some stickys, and I've come to some of my own conclusions patching everything together in my mind, however I just wanted to run some things by you guys and see what advice you may have.

Have a semi-auto injection system currently running at 1 bubble per second. pH seems to hover around 7.2 with system running. I was given advice to run my airstone at night, CO2 obviously off. Well I tested pH this morning and it was back to the high 7's. Trying to achieve a pH of 7 for now.

Question is, is it even worth running the airstone at night since I'm guessing it's the cause of my pH values to rise back to where they've been? Don't want to keep on subjecting my guys to swinging pH values. Also did read on here that the drop checker? is the thing to do and a must for injected CO2.

Guess I'm looking for confirmation on this and any other ways to avoid the pH swings from day/night running.

Thanks!

An airstone probably isn't necessary... I never used one. A drop checker is, IMO, a necessity unless you're using a pH monitor, but even then a valuable addition. pH swings caused by fluctuations in co2 levels won't harm fish...and you'll always get them when you're injecting co2 unless you use a pH monitor and run co2 continuously.

Back
Top Bottom