New healthy plant!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leatherback1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok,so I just went to the lfs and bought a java fern and Anubais.Compared to online and other stores,he had great prices (4.99 java fern 7.99 Anubais ) and I was amazed at how healthy the anubais was!No black spots at all! The name of the store was Something's Fishy and it is in Miami so if you live in the area and are looking for a good fish store,I highly recommend this store!they also sell a variety of coldwater,tropical,and saltwater fish and tanks (even seahorses!!)Overall,the owner of this store knows what he's doing and cares about the fish.Here's a few pics of the plants I bought:
P.S.should the Anubais stay in the pot?

Attachments

• image-3097475002.jpg
    image-3097475002.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 95
  • image-1983903424.jpg
    image-1983903424.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 113
Neither plant should remain in the pots. Remove the pots and as much as the batting as possible. Both plants do well tied onto DW or rocks (ones that aren't smooth) where they will attach over time.

Are you sure that I should do that?I don't want to kill the plant.

Leatherback, questioning Rivercats advice on plants is like questioning Walt Disney about Mickey Mouse. Just saying.....best of luck with your tank, we re all here to support each other!

Ok,thx for the info it's just im on a really limited budget right now and can't afford to buy more and more

Let's just say your more likely to have problems with the plants if you do leave them in the pots. Pots are only suppose to be temporary until they are sold.

Ok,I'll take it out while doing my weekly water change today.I plan to also buy some java moss, do you know any good places to buy it from?

I usually buy from my awesome lfs,but he said that right now java moss wasnt in season so he wouldn't be getting any for until the end of the summer.I asked him if I could buy it online and he said that you can try but at this time of year the heat can hurt it,but I can try and it is likely that it will be fine.So any good websites?
PS:I set up a pretty cool background for my tank yesterday

Attachments

• image-2654125212.jpg
    image-2654125212.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 90
I do, I have java and willow moss.

And correct on the pots, they are meant to just hold the plants as a means of organization when put on display for sale. The rockwool they are grown in is inert so it serves no purpose other than a placeholder.

Ok,I took it out of the pot and removed the yellow stuff then attached it with thread to my ship decoration.What does pm mean?

Attachments

• image-3157925399.jpg
    image-3157925399.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 77
  • image-1138815815.jpg
    image-1138815815.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 68
Look about 3 posts up and Jetajockey just told you he had some. Click on his user name and click on where is says send private message to Jetajockey, then send him a message of what you want.

I usually buy from my awesome lfs,but he said that right now java moss wasnt in season so he wouldn't be getting any for until the end of the summer.I asked him if I could buy it online and he said that you can try but at this time of year the heat can hurt it,but I can try and it is likely that it will be fine.So any good websites?
PS:I set up a pretty cool background for my tank yesterday

I bought my java moss off of eBay from "aquaticmagic". Arrived in great condition. Shipping is free. You can also buy from jetajockey.

Back
Top Bottom