New help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guy554

Aquarium Advice Activist
So today I noticed my ballon Molly is really fat. When I bought it my LFS said it was a male. I would post a picture but it hard to tell. I think it my have something call bloat. Idk if I'm correct on that or not, or maybe blood worms made him constipated. So if my fish has bloat what do I have to do to my tank? Oh yea and the fish seems like it still has some life in it but doesn't swim around. Any advice would help.

Best I can do for a picture. I got him in my acclamation basket that hangs on the side just in case he dies tonight. I don't want him to do more harm to the tank.

Attachments

• image-1023708115.jpg
    image-1023708115.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 59
Better pictures of our Balloon Molly. We think it's a female from some research. It is very fat. Bloat or pregnant?!?!?!?!
ForumRunner_20130811_231142.jpg

ForumRunner_20130811_231204.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130811_231021.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130811_231021.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 60
My balloon Molly is very, VERY fat, IDK the sex, but I've had it for around 6 months, and it's been like that, it's probably normal, is there stringy poo?

How are you so sure it is a male? I need more to go on please

How are you so sure it is a male? I need more to go on please

the anal fin is sharp and pointy where a females would look like a fan. here is a pic of my old pair of balloon mollies. the one on top is female with the fan shaped anal fin and the one on the bottom has a sharp anal fin.
img_2606866_0_a6aa51eef4ebfcb01fe04c86e695473a.jpg

i raised a couple batches of fry and had lots of troubles with these fish. they are bred with deformities to get the balloon effect. even with perfect water, they can and will have health problems. after mine died i decided no longer to keep them

Thats a balloon molly. Its how they look. Its a genetics mutation that gives them the balloon look

Thank you captain obvious.

I am well aware of what kind of fish We have and what they look like. And also that they are more susceptable to disease. We do our research on every fish we have. we watch our tanks more than we watch tv and know when something isn't right. Our parameters are all good.

The balloon Molly was extremely fat and puffed out than what he would normally be. And he is dead now. Died this morning. He looked like he was ready to burst.

I am unsure if the poo was stringy and white. I haven't seen it in awhile so maybe he was just constipated. Or pooed while I was at work or out.

Thank you captain obvious.

I am well aware of what kind of fish We have and what they look like. And also that they are more susceptable to disease. We do our research on every fish we have. we watch our tanks more than we watch tv and know when something isn't right. Our parameters are all good.

The balloon Molly was extremely fat and puffed out than what he would normally be. And he is dead now. Died this morning. He looked like he was ready to burst.

I am unsure if the poo was stringy and white. I haven't seen it in awhile so maybe he was just constipated. Or pooed while I was at work or out.

You know. I dont know why some people are soo rude. Ask for help and then get mad. Were here to help so dont be rude. Read the forum rules. Next time be more specific on what you want answered

I didn't try to be rude. The first post stated everything, even the type of fish. So I'm not sure how clear is clear?

And also. Telling us the kind of fish we have isn't really helping since we already knew that.

I didn't try to be rude. The first post stated everything, even the type of fish. So I'm not sure how clear is clear?

Us? Im telling you. You werent obvious on what you wanted answered. Why do you think no one replied but me?

The OP and I have the tank together. So if you just responded to my post did you read the original post?

So in reading everything you already knew that is was a balloon Molly. So can I ask why you felt the need to tell us what we already knew?

Back
Top Bottom