New here!! Need help guppies and platys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok.. thankyou!!
also what is an easy fish to breed that arnt guppies mollies platys??
even spawning ones

anything!!! but not boring goldfish.. and nothing too hard

anything!!! but not boring goldfish.. and nothing too hard

Well, convict cichlids are pretty easy to breed once you get a pair up and going. The parents actually protect the fry and the only thing you really need to do is feed the fry. Most cichlids are fry protectant and pretty easy to breed. One of them being angelfish.
Swordtails are pretty easy too ( livebearers ).
Rainbows are a bit harder and scatter eggs in patches of moss.
Cories are also a bit harder. But babies that survive to adulthood can be sold for a decent amount of money.
And there are others that I've got to think about. Tell you more when I think of more. :)

Omg she's stopped eating!! And I put her in a breeding thingy!! Finally caught her! I made my own breeding box hope shes ok!!

Attachments

• image-2102897105.jpg
    image-2102897105.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 60
Omg she's stopped eating!! And I put her in a breeding thingy!! Finally caught her! I made my own breeding box hope shes ok!!

Sweet! Can you get a pic of her from above?
Hopefully she drops tomorrow morning or sooner. And hopefully she doesn't get too stressed out.

She's a Lil camera shy she is only hanging around under the floating leaves I got in there..
Hopefully I will be getting a 3ft tank today coz my 6 girls that are pregnant are going to overstock my tank..
It's 10:30am here in Australia so hopefully it happens today. Do they only give birth at certain times like day or night??

Attachments

• image-3852506314.jpg
    image-3852506314.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 63
  • image-176782949.jpg
    image-176782949.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 61
She's a Lil camera shy she is only hanging around under the floating leaves I got in there..
Hopefully I will be getting a 3ft tank today coz my 6 girls that are pregnant are going to overstock my tank..
It's 10:30am here in Australia so hopefully it happens today. Do they only give birth at certain times like day or night??

How many gallons is a 3ft tank?
That Platy look like popping any second.
It's 8:30 in nj ( USA ) so that's why I said tomorrow morning. Since its 10:30 am there, hopefully she pops before midnight. :)
They will give birth whenever they want but it doesn't have to be day or night. It's like us humans, women don't know exactly when there baby is coming and it can happen in the day or night.

The tank is a 41 gallon ... She is STILL holding onto her package

Yes !! Finally!!!! She had 25. 2 were Siamese twins , one deformed and 22 were fine.
I went to work and when I got home one of my zebra danios had jumped in the breeding box and then there was 15 baby platy...
My kribs have been cleaning out there cave and he has started shimmying at her now too!!

Yes !! Finally!!!! She had 25. 2 were Siamese twins , one deformed and 22 were fine.
I went to work and when I got home one of my zebra danios had jumped in the breeding box and then there was 15 baby platy...
My kribs have been cleaning out there cave and he has started shimmying at her now too!!

Yay!! And that's quite a lot of fry! So the danio ate a few? And let's hope the Kribs start breeding too! :D

I've literally had fish for about 3 weeks now, so not long!!!
I previously had an axoltl for about 5 years but that's about as far as my experience with fish goes...
So with the kribs... She is showing some awesome colours belly is huge, got a male from one store, a female from another. To start with he was in his cave wouldn't come out, when she came in he would shoo her away, she kept shimmying her body towards him but he wasn't interested ...
Now she's allowed in the cave, he has been guarding his territory won't let the catfish or guppy near it... But he still chases her away but I saw him shimmy his body towards her last night! So hopefully we have some fishy sexual relations between the two! And soon!!'
Is 25 is good for platy fry??

Also, you said you wanted another fish that breeds easy, im surprised no-one said swordtail. They are just as easy as guppys or platties

Also, you said you wanted another fish that breeds easy, im surprised no-one said swordtail. They are just as easy as guppys or platties

That's true. They are very easy to breed and prob the easiest to distinguish between m:f. I can't believe I forgot too :lol:.

I've literally had fish for about 3 weeks now, so not long!!!
I previously had an axoltl for about 5 years but that's about as far as my experience with fish goes...
So with the kribs... She is showing some awesome colours belly is huge, got a male from one store, a female from another. To start with he was in his cave wouldn't come out, when she came in he would shoo her away, she kept shimmying her body towards him but he wasn't interested ...
Now she's allowed in the cave, he has been guarding his territory won't let the catfish or guppy near it... But he still chases her away but I saw him shimmy his body towards her last night! So hopefully we have some fishy sexual relations between the two! And soon!!'
Is 25 is good for platy fry??

Hopefully those two get a relationship started and start having babies ;). It sounds like they are getting to know each other. Especially the male :).
25 is an ok amount. The older they get, the more they have. I've heard of a 3 yrs old female platy having over 90 babies. But for a "young" platy like yours, 25 is pretty good. But you said now you have 15 or something?

Yes my danio got in there ., the Siamese twins and deformed one died...

Back
Top Bottom