New here need help with my blue gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phelpsamp

Aquarium Advice Newbie
we have had a tank for some time now and today my male blue gourami started tormenting all the other fish. i have 2 dragon fish two dwarf gouramis, two blue gouramis and two pink kissers i know that the one of the blue gouramis is female the the dwarfs are male not sure about the pink kissers or dragonfish. the dragonfish have taken over the good hiding spots but he still gets to them and hes really tormenting the female. i moved him to another tank, just pretty much wondering why is he doing this?? and should i have moved him to a new tank or left him in that one?

What size tank are these fish in? To small of tank will not allow fish to have their own territories. Fish are like people in a way and some just can't find a away to get along in society.

Hukit had a good point about the tank size. In almost any tank size if you have too many males of one species aggression will flare. I have two neon dwarfs (males) and they will chase each other and my other fish and sometimes is alarming but it will only last for a little bit. Try and sex all of the fish and that may help. You may have to establish some natural barriers in the tank if it continues. Hopefully it is a short lived occurrance.

Back
Top Bottom