New Here, need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BHweStraight

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I'm new to this site. I have a 55 gallon with an Jewel Cichlid and a Dovi Cichlid. I want to add fish but I know mixing these type of cichlids can be tricky. Any ideas on tank mates? Thanks

I would not recommend adding fish and would hope you have future plans for the Wolf. They get very large and VERY mean. Nothing smaller will survive an adult.

Are you planning to get rid of the Dovii in the future? How big is it right now? I don't know if adding more fish is what I'd do to be honest....

HN1 said:
I would not recommend adding fish and would hope you have future plans for the Wolf. They get very large and VERY mean. Nothing smaller will survive an adult.

The male dovii gets to 30" and has a very bad reputation for not withstanding any tankmates.That's one mean fish you have there!!!

Reactions: HN1
Just did a little research and see that they get 2 feet and should be kept in a very large tank. Mostly alone. Yikes!!! Change of plans. Even though he gets bullied around by the jewel who is the same size.

Choosing the size of the tank what fish to stock should always be done according to each fishes ADULT size and aggression level, not what size they are now.

For example I have seven 3-4" fish in a 6' 125 gallon tank. Does it look empty ATM yes but each one of those fish will be 8-10" with in the next year or so.

Thanks Man. I really like this fish. I know he has to go now. Great advice and example.

Back
Top Bottom